Monday, February 16, 2009

Collection.















I'm making a nest out of my own hair that I've been collecting for the past two months. I will be filling it up with the finger nails of everyone I worry about.

This is an assignment for my fine art class, Rethinking Art, with Tom Laduke (he looks like Moby/ Billy Corgan.) The assignment is to create an unconventional self-portrait. This is a collection of nervousness, doubt, worry, etc. It's a portrait of my flaws - that I think too much.
I'll post up the installation of it. This shit is due tomorrow :(

3 comments:

  1. omg this is so crazy and funny and awesome blossom. oh julie...this is so julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW that is too cool... is it hollow or one thick mass?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hollow. I uploaded the finished piece on my page. But the photos suck because the lighting is me holding a lamp.

    ReplyDelete