Saturday, February 28, 2009

TARDY!

Hello lovely ladies!

So sorry for the late joining. But I'm here! :)
Whoa this blog is on a roll! Yayuuuuuh.

This term is just crazy. literally.
I'm sure everyone can say that same yea? -__-;;

I've actually been working on a wood lamp for Supersized.
It took a great deal of time producing this one piece, but I had so much fun with it.
I finished Friday and presented it with a "bang"!
puahah jk more like a "click" for the on switch.
Here's the lamp that I designed:

































































































It's made of sandblasted acrylic and oakwood veneer.
I decided to run with the "light" idea for personal reasons and I'm planning on designing more so I'll try to keep ya'llz posted!

Tell me what you think.
Good, bad, need improvements?
Crit awayyyyy!



P.S. I miss errrrrbody so much!!! Not even funny.

9 comments:

  1. duuude thatz amazing and beautifull! i had no idea that u were doing products LOl i thot u had to something huge for supersized. guess not heehee

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooo very nice eunjung

    you should photograph that with better lighting and with a seamless eunjung, i feel the photos here dont do it enough justice

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For sure, but for the time being I'm just giving you guys a glimpse.

    I'll make sure I do that :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. dang thats some cool shit. i think it'll be really cool if there were more of them, like a set of 3 or something. i could see this in a room with these lights on the wall... thats awesome

    and also i noticed that there are spaces in btwn the wood that show the lamp.. maybe you could play with the shapes btwn those, like for ex. the edge of the wood could have a design on it so the light would create that design silhouette., therefore creating a shadow or something. iono.. just some suggestions blah!

    it be coolness eundong!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Evan, that's funny because for the next project I'm creating a series on the wall and the final one I'm thinking of creating a huge floor lamp that plays with silhouettes and shadows haha

    Great minds think alike! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know how to crit it, and others above me have given great advice already. I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. tell us about your concept!
    you don't have to tell the personal reasons or meaning behind it, but the concept. if you can, i'd love to know.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well first off, Light is an essential component of our everydays lives, obviously.
    A lamp is merely an object/product that is used to illuminate the light, but it's still an important utilitarian object.

    So I took this simple object and turned it into something a bit more organic, tracing it back to it's original form, light being organic.
    I wanted to blind the audience for a sec(hopefully longer) from seeing this light as just an electrically produced light and open their eyes to see this as a very naturally and organically made product, useful product.
    I think I was attracted to the idea of making something electric into it's opposite, something natural.

    I don't know. Did all this even make any sense? haha Hope it did. You know me, I'm not good at explaining anything period.
    Maybe I can explain it better in person. :)

    ReplyDelete